As we leave behind 2020 and gear towards the end of 2021, organisations need to redefine their communication strategy to expand their customer base.
Fortunately, modern business owners have realised the importance of customer interactions in the current economic climate.
Today, customers choose problem-solvers over product-pitchers and desire a personal touch in everything that they purchase. In fact, 66% of customers now expect companies to understand their unique needs and personalise their services accordingly.
And, what better than a phone call to engage in real-time, two-way communication with customers? It offers a more personal touch and enables you to solve customer queries in no time.
Put simply, phone calls are a crucial aspect of every communication strategy and you must take control of your inbound call routing.
Creating a frictionless caller journey
Customers these days are omnipresent and they expect companies to be as well. They jump from online mediums to text messages in the blink of an eye.
Therefore, it becomes all the more critical for your agents or communication managers to know where your customer is coming from (quite literally).
Moreover, having basic information about your customer is always a plus point. In the absence of such details, any call center can face friction due to:
- An incomplete view of caller information
- Missing context for agents to provide solutions
- Unanswered calls, or calls answered by wrong agents
- Irate or frustrated callers
With a reliable service provider like Servetel, you can retrieve real-time customer insights using features like transcription analysis and call detail recordings. You can even route calls using smart routing strategies and never let a call go unanswered or unresolved.
A frictionless customer journey is all about creating a seamless buying experience for your customers and offering solutions to all their queries in no time.
Put simply, less friction equals a happy customer and a happy customer is extremely important to get better conversion rates.
What can personalised, streamlined communication do for your business?
No caller likes to get bounced like a ping-pong ball from agent to agent in the search of answers. They prefer a seamless and convenient experience.
In fact, putting customers on hold for a long time or transferring them from agent to agent can result in an increase in call abandonment rate and frustrated customers.
Therefore, your customer service team must smoothen out the caller’s journey and let them solely focus on purchasing your product or service instead of being frustrated with the quality of the experience.
Furthermore, automatic call distribution or routing strategies can help you increase call centre efficiency, resulting in quicker responses and satisfied customers.
Caller experience makes a great impact on marketing and sets you up for better conversion rates. Here are a few points you must focus upon to build an exceptional buying experience for your customers.
1. Time: Smart cloud telephony solutions such as call routing can help you navigate callers to different destinations according to location and time.
For example, if your customers are spread across the country, you can simply route calls as per your agent’s time zones.
2. Place: Routing calls through call forwarding to the store nearest to the customer will always have a positive impression on callers.
It makes it convenient for them to connect with you. You can even use zip codes to route the call to the right store.
3. Data: For a frictionless journey, filling in agents with the correct information is essential as soon as the caller gets connected to them. Real-time analytics offered by cloud solutions helps you with just that.
Features like call recording and call history can keep you up to date with a caller’s journey.
4. Automate: With intelligent APIs (Application Programming Interface), you can give way to newer opportunities because the calls behave according to you. All you need to do is pick up a programming language and customise!
Here’s everything you need to know about voice APIs.
What is a Voice API?
A voice API lets you automate and customise your voice calls. It allows you to create a call logic that extends to any network, any device, anywhere in the world.
How can you create a better customer experience with the help of APIs?
- Easy to use: Choose a programming language of your choice like Python to create or modify your APIs.
- Flexible: Use APIs according to your own specific needs instead of deploying the vanilla solution.
- Multi-purpose: Use it for website widgets like a “call us” button or on mobile apps. Voice API is a multi-purpose solution and can smartly manage your inbound calls from anywhere in the world.
- Feature-rich: Voice APIs come with a myriad of features like multi-level IVR, which helps you to enhance your call experience and adds a human-like touch to the solution. Moreover, features like auto-attendant, call recordings, call analytics, and more are available to simplify and boost your call management.
- Integration: Use voice APIs with your favourite tools like a CRM and sync vital data to get the best of both solutions.
- Analytics and insights: Get deep customer insights and real-time updates with voice APIs. Make data-driven decisions and enhance your caller experience with voice APIs.
What makes voice APIs the right investment for you?
Easy to port with the support of cloud
In case of any unforeseen disaster or data loss, portability remains our saving grace. With the user-friendly online portal, you can access all your API-related activities, create, and modify your configurations.
Furthermore, you can also track their progress using the same portal.
Bespoke calling experience
With the help of features like IVR and auto-attendant along with voice APIs, you can set meeting reminders and navigate callers to the right agent.
Essentially, all calling functions can be developed using voice APIs. They bring endless customizability to the solution.
Confidentiality and safety
Voice APIs support number masking solutions, that pick up a random virtual number to maintain the privacy of calling parties.
This number acts as a shield on the original number and prevents any cyber bullying or crimes. It acts as a layer of safety and fosters callers’ trust in your services.
Industries that can benefit from voice APIs
- Healthcare: Use voice APIs to book appointments, schedule consultations, or check patient history.
- Food aggregators: Integrating voice APIs in food applications like Zomato and Swiggy has made it super-convenient for customers to now track their food orders.
- E-commerce: Schedule returns and exchanges using voice APIs and track your shipments on a real-time basis as well.
It is said that communication can win wars. All one needs to know is how to make the most of it.
There are gazillions of features, products, and services that a business can use to enhance its customer experience; luckily voice APIs is one of them.
Consequently, there’s been a rise in use-cases for embeddable communication APIs in the last few years.
If you too are looking to enhance and simplify your customer journey, we recommend Voice APIs from Servetel.